We offer two levels of service ranging from a Financial Tune-Up to a Comprehensive Plan
Comprehensive Financial Planning...A Program That Delivers Savings and Peace of Mind
If you've thought that you would love to have a financial planner but could not afford it. This program delivers savings and peace of mind that far exceeds its cost. Work with us on a comprehensive basis to guide you to financial freedom. During the initial year of our partnership we meet six to eight times to create and implement the plan. Naturally, pressing needs may be addressed first but our general process includes:
- Goal Setting
- Money Management and Spending Plans
- Tax Preparation and Planning
- Portfolio and Real Estate Analysis
- Investment Strategy and Implementation
- Insurance Analysis and Review
- Estate Planning Review
- Retirement Planning
- Strategic Business Planning
- College Funding and Education Planning
Financial Tune-up...Designed to "Cure" What Ails Your Personal Finances
This program answers your specific questions or problems and is not a comprehensive plan. The number of meetings is limited.
Contact us to get the financial help you need
Life-Integrated Financial Planning...Helping You Fit the Pieces Together
You likely have several financial planning pieces in place—you pay taxes, invest at least a portion of your savings, have some insurance, and maybe you have done some estate planning and retirement planning, but chances are each of these pieces was developed independently and at different times in your life. Is it any surprise then that you’re unsure if you’re on the right track and making all the progress you could be?
To be effective, financial planning needs to be coordinated. Each piece of the financial plan needs to accomplish its own specific tasks as well as support the tasks of each other piece. We call this life-integrated financial planning, and we are experts in this area. We’ll look at your entire financial picture and help you fit the pieces together properly.
We'll ask you lots of questions, including:
- What does your ideal life look like? Read more about Goal Setting
- Do you know where your money goes each month? Read more about Cash Management
- Are you confident that you and your assets are adequately and properly insured? Read more about Risk Management
- Will you be able to retire with the lifestyle you want? Read more about Retirement Planning
- Who is deciding what happens to everything you’ve accumulated when you die—you or the state? Read more about Estate Planning
- Are you funding your child’s education at the expense of your future? Read more about Education Planning
Would you worry less if you had a life-integrated financial plan?
Contact us to learn how to get financial help and keep your finances from ruining your enjoyment of life
Objective Investment Advice...Helping You Make Better Investment Decisions
There are potentially hundreds of decisions you must make in order to build a solid portfolio, one that will benefit from market upswings and weather any downswings.
- How do you decide whether to buy an individual stock, a mutual fund, treasuries, commodities, or just leave your money in your savings account?
- What are the costs and tax implications of the investments you select?
- Which types of investments should you hold in your retirement accounts instead of your brokerage accounts?
- When is the right time to sell an investment?
- How do you sort through the conflicting advice you read in magazines and on the Internet?
It’s enough to make your head spin. Some people handle it with an investment strategy of putting small amounts in many different investments to make sure they’ve covered all the bases. Others put the majority of their assets in one or two places rather than deal with yet another investment decision they’re not sure of. Does this sound familiar?
Given this complexity, many people want professional investment advice. But who is in the best position to offer you unbiased recommendations? Do you want someone advising you who is paid based on whether or not you purchase the investment he or she recommends?
Many people don’t understand what their investments are or what they should be doing. In a well-constructed portfolio, each investment should fulfill a specific function and should be appropriate for your unique situation. Your portfolio will work harder for you when it contains the investments and uses investment strategies that have been selected based on your needs. As fee-only financial planners, we will provide you with the objective, unbiased investment recommendations you need to make the best investment decisions.
Savvy Outcomes will:
- Thoroughly discuss your goals before making investment recommendations
- Look at all the financial risks you are taking before determining your appropriate level of investment risk
- Review all your accounts and determine not just the right asset allocation but also the right asset location
- Recommend the real estate exposure you need in order to achieve long-term financial stability.
- Integrate tax planning with your investment strategy to produce a higher after-tax return.
Being an astute investor should not be a haphazard exercise. When your investments have been properly balanced, objectively chosen, and are regularly reviewed, you enjoy peace of mind and confidence in your future.
Would you worry less and be happier receiving objective investment advice?
Contact us to discuss your goals, situation, and concerns. We’ll help you make the best investment decisions.
Skillful Tax Preparation and Planning...Helping You Minimize Your Tax Bill
You don’t have a choice about paying taxes, but you can avoid making the mistake of overpaying them. While it’s hard to imagine anyone intentionally paying too much in taxes, the IRS estimates that more than one billion dollars is overpaid in taxes each year. That’s no surprise when tax laws change every year—even in years when no major tax legislation is enacted.
How much of that money is yours? Wouldn’t you rather see those funds in your bank account or put aside for your retirement or other financial goals?
Do you want to reduce your tax burden? Do you want to increase your assets? We can help!
We specialize in personal income tax preparation and planning and will identify the tax-saving approaches that apply to your situation. We work with you throughout the year, not just when it’s time to prepare your return.
Do you want to find out how you can reduce your tax burden? You might be able to save on taxes by:
- Restructuring your investment portfolio to produce a higher after-tax return;
- Shifting income to dependents in a lower tax bracket;
- Claiming appropriate home office deductions;
- Maximizing qualified plan and IRA contributions;
- Identifying all the deductions that apply to your small business.
If you’re like most people, your taxes represent one of your largest annual expenses, yet often little or no planning is done to minimize your tax bill. Careful tax preparation and planning can free up money that you can use to achieve your goals. As personal income tax specialists, we will help you aggressively pursue every deduction you are lawfully entitled to.
Would you worry less if you had more money to save toward your goals? Discover how much more money you could be keeping for yourself and your future.
Contact us today for a no-cost review of your prior three years’ tax returns.